Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Kitchen and Bath People's "Product of the Week" - Wall Mounted Faucets

One of those spots I hate cleaning the most is that tiny sliver of counter between the back of my faucet and the backsplash. It's a tight spot that gets gooey and grimy every time I wash my hands or do the dishes. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to cleanly swipe that surface without any obstacles? Well friends, that is one of the beautiful things about a wall mounted faucet! Paired with an undermount sink, even better.

Photo Credit: House Beautiful, Design by Ruthie Sommers, Photo by Don Freeman

A recent client of mine has opened my eyes to this... why didn't I think of this before?? Well, here are some great looking designs I've found for the kitchen and bathroom:

For a clean and modern look in the kitchen, here is Kohler's Torq faucet.Or, go with Danze's Opulence faucet for a more vintage, cottage look.But if you're feeling a bit daring and want ultimate flexibility, how about Kohler's Karbon faucet, available as a wall mount.
For your bathroom, here is a beautifully classic yet modern faucet; Showhouse by Moen's Solace faucet.

And for the traditional home, here is Brizo's Tresa faucet.
There are also single handle wall mounted faucets. I like Jado's IQ faucet...
Now, for a word to the wise. In case, heaven forbid, something were to go awry with the faucet, it's good to have an easy way to get to the source of the problem. Plan ahead by placing these types of faucets on a wall that's shared with a closet or somewhere you can strategically place a removable panel. Or, incorporate a detail like what's shown in the photo above. Notice that the faucet is actually mounted on a bulk coming out from the wall. It creates a clever little shelf; but I imagine perhaps the top slides away, allowing access behind. Great design can be practical and look great!

Thanks for stopping by! Give us a call at 919-933-7855 if you're thinking about updating your bathroom, or even just your faucets, and live in or around the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill triangle. - The Kitchen and Bath People

2 comments:

  1. Great faucets, I believe. Stylish, modern and elegant for every bathroom. I wonder do you plan to make a selction of the best bath stools? I have some on my mind here http://www.bestshowerchairs.com/ and would like to know ur opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.
    Bathtub Faucets

    ReplyDelete